- You are hired as a new cost accountant to Ciccetti Corporation. The company manager, David, is having a meeting with you in his office. He brought you this budgeted income statement that was completed by the previous cost accountant. David asks you to provide him with a report explaining the statement in clear, straightforward language, and how you plan to handle the annual budget.Flexible Budget Performance Part 2 Flexible BudgetActivity VariancesPlanning BudgetCustomers served (q)36,000 33,000Revenue ($4.80q)$172,800$14,400 F$158,400Expenses: Wages and salaries ($36,900 + 1.60q)94,5004,800 U89,700Supplies ($0.90q)32,4002,700 U29,700Insurance ($13,300)13,300013,300Miscellaneous Expense ($6,300 + $0.40q)20,7001,200 U19,500Total expense160,9008,700 U152,200Net operating income$11,900$5,700 F$6,200Instructions
Write a 2–3 page report in which you:
- Explain the budgeted income statement.
- Outline how you would create annual budgeted financial statements.
- Analyze the difference between a static budget and a flexible budget, including the importance of each.
- Evaluate the importance of reading and correctly interpreting budgeted financial statements.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library, or review library guides.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Analyze the accuracy of a business’s budgeting process to help managers make effective decisions.