- Review the Learning Resources on searching for and reading research articles.
- Complete the APA Style interactive media.
- Reflect on topics you are curious or excited to learn about related to your social work interests. Consider what brought you to social work and what you want to know. Review the current issues and trends you have read about and studied in other courses. Select one of the topics you generate as a potential research focus.
- Conduct a search in the Walden Library databases for peer-reviewed research articles related to your research focus that have been published within the past 5 years. Use the resources for help determining what makes a good search topic and keywords.
- Download the Search Worksheet in the Learning Resources for additional support in your library searching. Note that you do not need to submit this worksheet.
BY DAY 7
Submit a document in which you record:
- Your potential research topic
- Search terms you used to search for peer-reviewed research articles in the Walden Library
- APA references for three peer-reviewed research articles from your search and a brief explanation of how each article relates to your topic
Note that your Instructor will provide feedback on your use of APA Style this week so that you may apply that feedback for next week.
For next week’s Assignment, you will continue to search for more articles for a total of six peer-reviewed research articles on your topic.