Part 2: Research Questions and Annotated References List
• Weight: 10% of the final grade
• Due: no later than 11:00 p.m. on Sunday of Unit 6
Part 2 of the Team Project will help you to:
• Distinguish between two types of reports (informal and formal).
• Demonstrate effective business research and information literacy skills for planning a business report.
• Research and plan a formal business report.
This assignment is the second part of your Team Project. At this stage, you already have your team and topic assignment. You have completed your Course Project Plan and Agreement, and you are now ready to begin the planning of your report. The assignment will be developed through two steps. The first step is writing the research questions, and the second step is conducting research and completing an annotated references list.
Step 1: Complete the unit readings, including the Yorkville Write a Report.
Step 2: Your team will write 5 research questions. Your research questions will identify the key dimensions of your overall topic, which has been assigned by your instructor. The unit 6 reading describes how to write research questions.
Step 3: If you have not already done so in the Team Plan and Agreement, ensure that you assign research questions and tasks to individual team members, so everyone is clear about their contribution to the final report.
Step 4: Begin collecting research in the YU Library guided by your research questions. For each research question, identify three (3) academic references from the YU library.
Step 5: Review the research and create an annotated references list. (You will find instructions about how to create an annotated reference list in the unit 6 readings.)
Step 6: Draft the report introduction including the statement of the purpose of the report.
Your overall submission should include:
3. Title page (include assignment title and topic, name, date, course code/title, instructor name). If you have team members who didn’t contribute to this assignment, do not include their names on the title page.
4. Research Questions
5. Annotated References List (full references with annotations). The references page must be completed for this assignment and should be APA formatted.
Submit on the unit 6 assignment page. Submit all assignments in this course as MS Word documents.
• Papers written with double-spacing allow easier review and editing.
• Use APA referencing guidelines for citations and references. Click here to review “APA Style”.
• Do not write in first person; write in third person (he, she, they).
• Ensure all references are academic sources. If an article is found in an academic journal in one of the library databases, then you can assume it has been peer reviewed and thus acceptable. Many articles found readily online may not have been exposed to any editorial vetting process, and thus should not be used as a resource.
Late Submission Policy
• This assignment is subject to the Late Submission penalty policy, namely 5% per day for three days.
• This page will close and will not allow further submissions after this Late Submission period has expired.
• In the event of an emergency preventing you from submitting within this time frame, special permission must be obtained from your instructor. Documentation substantiating emergency is required. In such a circumstance, if the extension is granted, the professor will reopen the submission function for you on an individual basis.
• Please do not email your submissions to your professor, either before or after the due date; all coursework should be submitted through the online course (Moodle).
Team Project Part 2: Research Questions and Annotated References List will be marked in its entirety out of 100. The following rubric indicates the criteria students are to adhere to, and their relative weights to the assignment overall.
% of Final Grade
1. Content (30%)
a. Completion of all segments of Assignment (Research questions, introduction, purpose statement, annotated references list)
a. Research questions are clear, well written, and appropriate to the assigned topic.
2. Research/Annotated References List (30%)
a. Students should identify a minimum of three academic references for each of the five research questions (15 references total). All external sources are properly cited and referenced. References are properly annotated. References list is properly formatted in APA.
3. Critical Thinking and Analysis (20%)
a. Teams demonstrate ability to synthesize topic, research questions, and research to demonstrate solid understanding of assigned topic.
4. Writing Style (20%)
a. Students present professional quality work with minimal errors in spelling, grammar and syntax.