Must be in APA format and must include reference citations in ALL writing assignments to demonstrate your research of the topic(s).
Compliance Topic 1: 1.Clinical staff members are not washing their hands between patients.
Compliance Topic 2: 5.Employees are not knowledgeable in the use of fire extinguishers.
It’s time to describe the monitoring tools for your two compliance plans in a way that all employees will understand at a large medical facility where you are the Compliance Officer.
Your assignment is to write a 2-3 page section describing the monitoring tools for each compliance plan. (That means a total of 4-6 pages for the two plans; you can write them in one Word document.)
Monitoring tools you should cover for each plan should relate to the policies and procedures you developed in previous modules
Expert Solution Preview
As a medical professor, it is essential for me to ensure that all students not only gain theoretical knowledge but also practical understanding of the medical field. Compliance is an important aspect of the medical industry, and it is crucial for all medical professionals to adhere to the policies and procedures established in the facility to ensure patient safety and well-being. In this assignment, I will describe the monitoring tools for two compliance plans, focusing on clinical staff members’ handwashing and employee’s knowledge on the use of fire extinguishers.
Compliance Topic 1: Clinical staff members are not washing their hands between patients.
Monitoring tools for handwashing compliance plan include:
1. Hand hygiene observations: One way to monitor handwashing compliance is via direct observation. Supervisors can use a standardized tool to observe staff members’ hand hygiene habits, measure compliance rates, and gather data to identify gaps in employee performance.
2. Retraining sessions: Regular retraining sessions should be conducted to ensure all clinical staff members understand and follow proper hand hygiene protocols. Trainers should use visuals and hands-on training to improve compliance and ensure staff fully comprehend the policy.
3. Compliance auditing: The medical facility can conduct periodic audits to measure hand hygiene compliance rates. The audit would enable the facility to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan and make required adjustments.
Compliance Topic 2: Employees are not knowledgeable about the use of fire extinguishers.
Monitoring tools for fire extinguisher compliance plan include:
1. Fire drills: The medical facility should establish a regular fire drill schedule to ensure employees are aware of the emergency procedures, including the use of fire extinguishers. During drills, employees can simulate putting out a fire, thereby improving their skills.
2. Competency testing: Periodically test employee knowledge on fire extinguishers using standardized tests to determine their proficiency in handling complex and ordinary situations that involve the environment.
3. Documentation: Maintain proper documentation showing which items are continuously checked by each employee, who maintains proper paperwork, and ensure regular updating of documents in case an update in fire-fighting information is introduced.
In conclusion, medical professionals must adhere to established policies and procedures to ensure patient safety and well-being in a medical facility. Employing monitoring tools such as observations, retraining sessions, compliance auditing, fire drills, competency testing, documentation of maintenance, and other activities are essential in tracking compliance activities. Therefore, developing comprehensive monitoring plans described above is necessary to ensure staff engagement, and compliance plans become adhered to.
#Monitoring #Tools #Compliance #Plans